||As a result of the mining
excitement at Tonopah in 1901 and subsequent construction of
the Tonopah and Goldfield Railroad, Miller's was founded in 1904
as a station and watering stop on that line. The name honors
Charles R. Miller, a director of the railroad and former Governor
of Delaware. He was also vice president of the Tonopah Mining
Company and was instrumental in having their 100- stamp cyanide
mill build here in 1906. In 1907 the town boomed with the construction
of the T & G Railroad's repair shops and another large mill.
Boasting a business district and post office, the population
grew to 274 in 1910. By 1911, the railroad shops and a mill had
been moved away, and Miller's began to decline. It was abandoned
in 1947 when the railroad went out of business.